This year I opened the door to a whole new world hidden behind the words mindfulness, mindset and gratitude. Today let’s talk a little bit about the last one.
Gratitude, the simple fact of being thankful, keeps you positive. You will see how it is a good exercise to see at the bright side of things.
Keeps you inspired, having your eyes open to the small things brings you a new way to see life. Maybe the color and shape of the clouds, the birds singing in the morning, the smell of coffee or flowers, the reflection of things on the water after a storm, the shades of the leaves depending on the season, buildings covered in snow, tracks made by animals and so on… it totally awakens your senses.
When you are grateful to the people that surrounds you, you are improving your social skills, making new connections and making someones’ day a little better. An smile with a thank you also helps. This will also bring awareness about others.
Gratitude brings you a peaceful state of mind which means less stress and better sleep.
gratitude makes you happier!
As the end of the year seems like an appropriate time to recap, I leave you with the things I am grateful for this month.
I’m grateful for:
- Setting up the photo studio at We Love Colors .
- Moving to a new house.
- Getting closer to my family.
- Building stronger friendships.
- Working with amazing people. Thanks West Elm for providing the location to shot these photos.
- Getting a new phone after dropping the old one in the ocean (Not intentionally)
- Friends helping me moving and giving me stuff for my new home.
- Finding beautiful plants on sale.
- Catching the sunset from my balcony.
- Downloading waze and getting faster to work while I discover new places around me.
I’m planning on starting a gratitude journal offline to keep track of the things I am grateful for every night before I go to bed, It would be a great thing to look at every month/year. I encourage you to do it and if you feel like sharing I would love to see it. What are you grateful for? Leave it in the comments.
T-shirts by Books and Ballads.